Version 2.6 of my WP-Prosperity premium WordPress theme is out with several minor bug fixes, as well as some cool new functionality. Here’s a short list of the key changes in this update (see changelog for the full list):
1. Shortcode Generator – This handy little tool is accessible on the WordPress post editor toolbar (look for the blue [ ] button on your toolbar), and it makes it much easier to add shortcodes to your Posts and Pages. Just click a few buttons, select your options for your selected shortcode, and click the Insert button. Click thumbnail to the right for an example.
2. Recipe Management Options – I’ve added several new metaboxes to the Add Post/Page screen (click for example) that allow you to add recipe information to a Post or Page. The recipe will then get added to the bottom of your Post or Page in a nicely styled recipe box that your visitors can read, print, Pin or share.
If you’re a food blogger, Health Coach or just someone who loves to publish recipes, you’ll love this new feature. As an added bonus, the Recipe Box is coded in a way that makes it possible to have it displayed via Google’s rich snippets in search results. To use this new feature, you’ll just need to activate it on the Theme Settings page under the General Settings.
3. Optimized code for better presentation of Stuctured Data Markup.
5. Added ability to hide individual Header items on a Page or Post .
6. Added option to display WP Instagram Widget above site footer.
7. Updated FontAwesome icon font to version 4.4.
How to Get the Latest Version of WP-Prosperity